The Slo-Bowl is a natural, healthy, and playful solution for dogs that gobble their kibble too quickly. Our nature-inspired designs promote natural eating habits by requiring dogs to forage for their feasts. Moreover, by prolonging feeding times, Slo-Bowls reduce the risks for bloat, regurgitation, and canine obesity. Dogs quickly learn to “chase” their food through the maze of ridges and valleys, making dinnertime feel more like a hunt. And, because the Slo-Bowl “rewards” their play with bits of food, furry friends become more and more engaged as the meal goes on. Veterinarians agree that slower feeding is safer feeding. When it’s time to dine, feed your dog with peace of mind.
- Promotes natural eating habits
- Helps prevent bloat, regurgitation, and canine obesity
- Made with high-quality, food-safe materials
- Rubber-moulded foundation reduces sliding and food spillage
Eating slow is beneficial to the health of your dog. Many dogs suffer what is known as Bloat (gastric dilation - volvulus or GDV). This is a horrible condition that generally effects large deep chested dogs. An owner only has limited time to get their dog to a vet for life saving surgery that is generally very expensive.
The following tips may assist you with the use of the slow feeder
- Never exercise your dog after it's eaten.
- Always allow your dog to rest for at least 1 hour after exercise prior to eating.
- If time permits, try and feed your dog a smaller meal twice a day instead of one large meal at night.
- Leave the bowl on the ground, don't raise it, this could increase the likelihood of Bloat.
- Don't permit rapid drinking, especially after exercise or on hot days.
Size: Mini - 2 cups
Large - 4 cups
Loves the challenge!By: Stefanie Cvetkovic on 10 September 2021Our GSD loves every Outward Hound Fun Feeder but this one is especially tricky for her and she loves the challenge. Apart from just slowing her down (which it definitely does), it's a great enrichment activity for her!
Slower eatingBy: James on 1 July 2020Bought this Fun Feeder as our Cattle Dog eats his food in 20 seconds flat. He just hoovers up what's in his bowl without stopping for breath. But no more, this bowl is a godsend, now he takes fives minutes to eat & he left some of it for the other dogs to clean up. This actually works, wish I'd seen it a long time ago. Never knew that something like this even existed.