What is a Probiotic and how does it work?
The digestive system of all animals and birds is home to literally billions of bacteria and yeasts referred to as Microflora.
Microflora are essential to the health of any animal; aiding the digestion, breaking down cellulose and other indigestible substances; helping the synthesis and absorption of vitamins and minerals; stimulating the immune system and preventing the proliferation of pathogens. (Pathogens reduce nutrient absorption, animal performance and cause disease).
10 BENEFITS OF PROTEXIN
- Establishment of beneficial gut microflora
- Suppression of E. Coli Salmonella & Aeromonas spp
- Treatment and control of scouring and diarrhoea
- Improved digestibility of feed
- Improved growth and feed conversion
- Reduced digestive upsets
- Enhanced animal health
- Re-establishment of gut microflora following antibiotics, wormers or vaccination
- Reducing stress (stress disrupts normal intestinal balance)
- Safe, non-toxic and residue-free
When should Protexin be used?
Protexin can be used in a wide range of circumstances, either to improve the general health of animals, address specific problems or to maximise animals' performance.
Under general conditions Protexin can be used to :-
- Improve health naturally
- Stimulate appetite
- Aid in establishment of gut flora in immature animals like day old chicks, calves, piglets, lambs, foals, kids, puppies and kittens
- Maintain healthy gut microflora
- Re-establish gut microflora after antibiotic treatment
- Treat and control diarrhoea/scours; inhibit harmful pathogens like E.Coli, Salmonella and others
- Optimise digestion of feed
- Reduce digestive disturbances and upsets
- Reduce stress