The digestive system plays a vital role in the health, vigour and performance of dogs, & horses. Its correct functioning is dependent on the level and balance of bacteria and yeasts called microflora. Microflora have the major role in breaking down indigestible nutrients, in the synthesis and absorption of vitamins and minerals, in stimulating the immune system and in preventing the proliferation of pathogens in the gut.
Foals are born with a sterile gut which is rapidly colonised by both beneficial and pathogenic bacteria. A fine balance exists which can easily be disrupted, leading to scouring, ill thrift and other problems. Feeding PROTEXINå¨ from birth protects the foal from pathogens, improves digestive efficiency, enables better utilisation of feed and makes the transition from milk to solid feed easier.
All dogs & horses benefit from PROTEXINå¨'s ability to stabilise intestinal microflora, maximise gut health and resist the effects of stress.
Stress, in all forms is one of the major causes of disruption to the normal balance of microflora in the gut, allowing proliferation of pathogens. Loss of appetite, picky eating, scouring, poor condition and changes in temperament are some of the less consequences. Stress is easily induced with some common causes being: changes in diet, heavy work or training, temperature extremes, breeding, transportation, worming, vaccinations and changes to environment. Use of PROTEXINå¨ in these circumstances protects dogs & horses from negative intestinal changes while improving digestive efficiency and general health.
Antibiotics are particularly harmful to gut microflora, leaving dogs & horses susceptible to re-infection. PROTEXINå¨ should always be administered following any course of antibiotics.
10 BENEFITS OF PROTEXIN
- Establishment of beneficial gut microflora
- Suppression of E. Coli Salmonella & Aeromonas spp
- Treatment and control of scouring and diarrhoea
- Improved digestibility of feed
- Improved growth and feed conversion
- Reduced digestive upsets
- Enhanced animal health
- Re-establishment of gut microflora following antibiotics, wormers or vaccination
- Reducing stress (stress disrupts normal intestinal balance)
- Safe, non-toxic and residue-free
When should Protexin be used?
Protexin can be used in a wide range of circumstances, either to improve the general health of animals, address specific problems or to maximise animals' performance.
Under general conditions Protexin can be used to :-
- Improve health naturally
- Stimulate appetite
- Aid in establishment of gut flora in immature animals like day old chicks, calves, piglets, lambs, foals, kids, puppies and kittens
- Maintain healthy gut microflora
- Re-establish gut microflora after antibiotic treatment
- Treat and control diarrhoea/scours; inhibit harmful pathogens like E.Coli, Salmonella and others
- Optimise digestion of feed
- Reduce digestive disturbances and upsets
- Reduce stress
|Brand||International Animal Health Products|
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Pet and Pony Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.